We are currently seeking to hire a junior document capture developer to assist and collaborate with our talented capture and application development teams. In this position, you will be involved in the development of new and innovative techniques intended to enhance our proprietary document capture system, iTAM Capture, as well as assist with client implementations.
- Participate in the design, development and maintenance of our proprietary Document Capture system (iTAM Capture) including:
- The creation of custom actions/rules,
- Modifications and enhancements to existing actions/rules, and
- Development of new and updates to existing workflows.
- Engage and collaborate with Product Management, Quality Assurance and Technical Writing as appropriate to ensure high quality deliverables
- Respond to customer reported defects and provide timely fixes
- Maintain high level of functional and technical product knowledge
- Participate in ongoing skill development and reviews
- Initiate and/or actively participate in continuous improvement of Capture processes
- Participate or support sales in application demos to new or potential clients.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of at least 1 programming language or scripting language: Java, C# or VB Script a plus.
- Experience with linear, rules based application development
- Well versed in SQL with RDBMS experience, PostgresSQL or MSSQL a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written with both technical and non-technical staff)
- Motivated, hardworking and flexible
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, information systems, or similar technical field required
- Strong penchant for individual learning/work.
- Experience creating and/or maintaining web services, both RESTful and XML based
- An understanding of, or experience, with Document Capture, OCR, Page Recognition, Identification, Routing and Splitting, etc.
- Experience in Capture applications such, IBM Datacap Taskmaster, Kofax Capture, Kodak Capture, or EMC Captiva
- Technical understanding or working experience with document scanners: Fujitsu, Kodak, etc. and document imaging software such as ‘Kofax VRS’ or ‘Kodak Perfect Page’.
Rethink Solutions Inc. (RSI) is an industry leading developer and vendor of web based, real estate, asset management solutions in the areas of property tax and assessment, occupancy cost, and insurance management. We offer a flexible work environment and the opportunity to work on challenging projects with brand-name clients.
** Remuneration will be commensurate with background and experience. If you would like to be considered for this position, please email your resume (including salary expectations) to: email@example.com quoting your name and the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls respecting this recruitment will be accepted. No agencies please. No phone calls please. **