Annual itamlink User Workshop Review
Thank you to everyone who attended and participated in our annual itamlink user workshop. Traditionally, the October session was setup as a User Conference. This year, the format was modified to a collaborative workshop focusing on interaction between the presenters and attendees while dealing with practical software use cases.
For the first time, a Pre-Workshop Training session was offered. This session was well attended and survey results indicate that expectations were exceeded for attendees.
Our main event was kicked off by Rethink Solutions President Mordechai Katzman. He discussed objectives for the day, reviewed some of the recent itamlink enhancements and released the results of a recent survey about our upcoming itamlink User Conference to be held May 2019.
Overview of the itamlink user workshop 2018
- Director of Customer Success, Kevin Antaya hosted the morning sessions on Using Dashboards, Reports and Preferences, followed by Streamlining the Appeals and Tax Savings Process.
- Both sessions saw strong audience participation and we received several suggestions for further enhancements.
Networking Lunch Break
- The lunch break was very active, with most of the attendees taking the opportunity to network with peers.
- Director of Technology, Kevin Grad, hosted the afternoon session on Everything You Wanted to Know About Forecasts/Budgets and Accruals, highlighting the built-in automation and workflow functions that support the process.
- Kevin followed with a session on Optimizing Data Processes Using the Data Manager, focusing on various features that allow users to manipulate their data in mass.
Mordechai Katzman closed the day with a recap and a look ahead, including a preview of the new user interface for itamlink and showcasing the new Fees module which will be launched sometime in October.
There was lively discussion following the event and many users commented that they would be leaving with some key insights on how to more effectively use the itamlink platform.