We are currently looking for an experienced, highly motivated Java Software Engineer to join our growing team.
The ideal candidate is an individual who loves to design, create and maintain software. We desire someone who thrives in a team environment and really enjoys all aspects of software design and implementation. The perfect candidate will be invested in developing good software as well as growing their skills as a developer.
- Design, develop, test, improve and maintain a high performance Software as a Service (SaaS) property tax management application.
- Engage and collaborate with management, team members and quality assurance as appropriate to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Adhere to and promote both industry and Rethink Solutions development standards and best practices
- Maintain high level of functional and technical product knowledge
- Initiate and/or actively participate in continuous improvement of RSI processes
- At Least 2+ years of experience with JAVA/JEE
- Solid understanding of design principles and design patterns
- Knowledge of Java web technologies such as Servlet, JAX-RS, etc.
- Familiarity with Hibernate (or equivalent) ORM
- Working experience with Java EE 6+ and knowledge of Java EE components such as EJB, JPA, etc.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks and work effectively with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience creating and maintaining Java APIs (Restful, SOAP, etc.)
- Experience with BIRT or equivalent
- Experience with Apache Wicket or other component based Java front-end frameworks
- Well versed in SQL with RDBMS experience
- Working knowledge of development tools and environments such as Maven, Git, IntelliJ IDEA, etc.
- Active in developer communities with blogs / meet ups
- Actively follows current best practices as well as trends in programming
- Subscribes to lists / forums that discusses software development and/or technology
** If you would like to be considered for this position, please email your resume to: email@example.com quoting your name and the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only suitable candidates will be contacted further. No telephone calls respecting this recruitment will be accepted.
No agencies please. No phone calls please. **